To pursue a career as a .NET developer with a professional goal oriented company. To mentor individuals that shares my belief of perpetual improvement. To work with a company who would like to change to the world to be a better place.
My passion is learning about software engineering and programming. Every day I strive to understand and learn as much as I possibly can. I am an avid goal setter and set almost unrealistic goals for myself. I feel that is the only way to maximize your performance. Pushing yourself to your limit is the only way to become a better you.
In the last few years I have started mentoring others to help them transition from junior to mid level developers and from mid to senior level developers. Mentoring has become something I enjoy and continue to seek out new developers to help.
- Highly motivated and driven individual. I strive to be the best in all I do.
- 17+ years of experience in testing, designing, implementing and maintaining software.
- Worked on software at all levels from embedded hardware, back end services, and front end websites.
- Not only is this my profession but it’s my life. I absolutely love software development and could not imagine doing anything else.
- Before I was a software developer I was involved in electronic repair at a component level. This has allowed me to understand electronics at the most basic level. This has helped me understand how software interacts with hardware at the deepest levels.
OmniShell is the world's best PowerShell editor. OK, maybe I'm biased but I really do think it's one amazing editor. We are currently still in beta but feel free to grab a copy and check it out for yourself.
TestR is an integration testing framework for developers. TestR allows automating testing of web and desktop applications. Currently TestR supports Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox web browsers. Edge support is in beta.
Speedy is an embedded key value store and Entity Framework testing framework. Speedy allows the true unit testing of Entity Framework database context.
Become Epic is a fitness site dedicated to helping you track your workouts, diet, and measurements (body fat & weight). It has helped me reach get to the best physical conditioning I've ever been. When I started exercising I could barely bench press 70 pounds. Today I can bench press 265 pounds. This is 100 pounds more than I weigh! Become Epic helps you accomplish goals just like this.
Scribe is a simple and easy to use wiki. We started using Scribe for the internal documentation site at Harris. I have complete restructure and re-purposed the product to form to the needs of Harris. Scribe as some interesting features like using signalR to bring live updates to the users when their page has been updated and built in analytics.
Quantros (April 2017 / Current)
Senior Software Engineer
More details coming soon... This chapter is just getting started.
Bak USA (July 2016 / April 2017)
The Bak Software Services project implemented an imaging solution that provided imaging services to image tablet and personal computers. The server tracks the current image releases and provide the client with a list of available images. The client would ask the server for a list of images then keep a local cache of the most recent images to reduce the amount of traffic across the network while reducing the time it takes to image devices.
- Designed and implemented custom imaging solution to allow per customer images
- Lead a team of developers to create and maintain software projects
- Help in companywide initiative of getting teams started with Scrum, an agile process
Harris (Oct 2013 / July 2016)
- Promoted to the Architect of the R&D Harris Local Government team.
- Lead initiative to convert from old version of LLBLGen ORM to Entity Framework.
- Lead initiative to convert the multiple unstructured (VB/C#) solution to a single language (C#) solution.
- Promoted to the technical lead the Bit-Masters (Billing) team.
- Personally, mentored a couple junior software developers.
- Updated the single tenant MyGovHub application to be multi-tenant.
- Develop custom deployment infrastructure (HDN, Harris Deployment Network) to assist in deploying MyGovHub and other products.
- Improved the HIDS data sync API performance dramatically. Original sync down to 1h 45m from 36+ hours.
- Added syncing infrastructure consisting of a sync agent with custom sync connectors to attach to different backend systems.
Team IA (Feb 2013 / Oct 2013)
The Trade Readjustment Allowance (TRA) project used the following technologies and frameworks. C#, .NET, ASP.NET, WCF, RIA, Silverlight, Entity Framework, TFS
- Responsible for the implementing and maintaining the claim / claimant portion the TRA project.
- Responsible for implementing internal WCF services to access data in SQL using Entity Framework.
- Responsible for implement external WCF RIA services to allow the Silverlight client to access the internal WCF service.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the claim / claimant portion of the Silverlight client.
CSI Technology Outfitters (Nov 2009 / Feb 2013)
- Responsible for updating and maintaining our distributed work manager Job Manager. Job Manager is the base hosting service for the CSI@K12 services. Job Manager allows the distribution of work across any number of servers. Job Manager would monitor work queues and hand them out across an array of threads on a group of servers. This allows CSI to perform a lot of work without interruption due to down servers.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the deployment agent and service. This service and agent allows for deployment of the CSI@K12 solution software to servers located in the data center and many remote locations. Once a deployment has been tested we can deploy it with just a few clicks. The agent will see the update and perform the task on all the servers in just a matter of minutes.
Sealevel Systems, Inc. (May 2001 / Nov 2009)
The Talos Framework and WinUT Manufacturing Test System used the following technologies. C#, ASP.NET, MySql, Access, .NET Compact Framework, .NET Framework
- Assisted in the design and development the Talos Framework which is an IO framework to run on IO devices. This framework is designed to scale across many different devices.
- Developed and maintained all the manufacturing test software written in C#. This test software must ensure that the product is 100% functional.
- Developed a standard testing interface for all product lines. Originally the tests all had their own custom interface that could cause confusion.
- Developed for products with interfaces of USB, PCI, PCI Express, ISA, PC/104, PC/104+ and Ethernet.
Vocational Training in Basic Electronics at B.J. Skelton Career Center, Easley, SC. 1996-1997<br /> Easley High School in Easley, South Carolina. 1995-1997